MEDIA RELEASE 08 June 2011
Korando, created by Italian design house Giugiaro
Car manufacturer Ssangyong has adopted a more sophisticated and global approach
with the new Korando, engaging renowned Italian design studio Giugiaro to pen
the urban focussed SUV. This resulted in the most radical departure from any
previous models launched.
Giugiaro has given the Korando a stylish and sporty look highlighted by its
impressive front styling and strong wide mesh grille. This combines with the
flowing side body silhouette to create a small SUV that rivals any other vehicle
in the class.
The Korando's interior styling is marked by clean and uncluttered lines with
strong ergonomics, convenience, and overall enhanced driver and passenger
Fourteen design features that make the Korando faaabulous:
1. The smooth and flowing dash has switchgear that fall easily to hand with good
tactile feel while instrumentation is clean, simple, and easy to read.
2. Functions are grouped conveniently together in the centre fascia with
integrated air conditioning and audio controls to ensure simplicity and the
sense of space.
3. Power window and exterior mirror controls are integrated into the sweeping
door handle extension making them easy to reach and use allowing the driver to
make adjustments safely while driving.
4. The three-spoke power and tilt steering wheel can be adjusted to suit the
driver's individual size and seating position requirements.
5. A sleek and well-designed centre console features a centre storage bin, twin
cup holders and a large storage tray forward of the gearshift.
6. Storage space has also been integrated into the door trim with a large map
pocket, which also features a bottle holder and a convenient tray in the door
7. Shopping bag hooks have been integrated into both the lower passenger side of
the centre fascia and on the rear of both front seats to hold bags safely and
securely while driving.
8. The ergonomically designed driver's and front passenger bucket seats gently
support the back especially on long journeys, while the seat cushion supports
the thighs to help blood circulation by preventing excessive pressure on the
9. The rear seats feature a unique fold and dive design which means they can be
easily folded flat individually or together to allow added luggage capacity.
10. The interior of both the S and SX models are finished in a high quality and
durable woven cloth seat trim in black or black or tan on the SX.
11. Top of the line Korando SPR model has heated leather seats with trim in
either black or beige adding to the luxury of the car.
12. Underneath the floor of the luggage area is a storage tray for stowing
valuable items away from prying eyes or to safely store heavy items securely.
13. A coat hook designed into the roof of the rear load space is another clever
and convenient touch while integrated multi-purpose luggage nets can keep items
tied down and secure when driving.
14. The rear seat floor space has been designed with a completely flat floor to
provide passengers with more leg room and better comfort.
For more information on Ssangyong, visit www.ssangyong.com.au.
Released for Ssangyong Australia by Dennis Rutzou Public Relations
For further information please call Gill Asbury or Nicola Rutzou on (02) 9413