MEDIA RELEASE 10 March 2004
‘Rhythm on the Rock’ - Norfolk Jet Jazz Festival -
4-11 December 2004
The third annual ‘Rhythm on the Rock’ Norfolk Jet Jazz Festival will be held on
Norfolk Island from 4 to 11 December 2004.
The Festival has now cemented a place on the music festival calendar, with this
year’s event building on the success of Rhythm on the Rock 2003 event which saw
over 500 visitors enjoying the sounds of world-class jazz performers.
The star-studded line up of performers for 2004 will include:
- The Don Burrows Quartet, with Catherine Hunter - Legendary musician Don
Burrows (AO, MBE), who has been at the forefront of the jazz world for almost 60
years playing flute, clarinet and all the saxophones, from alto to baritone, and
fellow jazz greats including Kevin Hunt (piano), will join forces with renowned
vocalist Catherine Hunter;
- George Washingmachine – highly entertaining jazz violinist, actor and
- Galapagos Duck – this renowned Australian five-member jazz band plays a unique
and original style of music fusing jazz with rock, swing, funk, reggae and other
popular musical genres;
- Jazz Factory – traditional jazz band from Noosa Heads in Queensland;
- Down South Jazz Quartet - a four man band who can play New Orleans, Dixie
style jazz anywhere, anytime;
- Stringmansassy - Guitarist Aaron Hopper and Vocalist Kacey Patrick performing
jazz fused with folk, groove and storytelling;
- Franky and Johnnie - offering an alternative to jazz, this duo from the
Newcastle area play a mixture of country and pop music.
Holiday jazz packages, which include return air fares from Brisbane, Sydney and
Melbourne, seven night’s accommodation, seven days car hire, and The Jazz Pass
(tickets to two performances and a souvenir merchandise pack) start at $1,089 ex
Norfolk Island is an external territory under the authority of Australia,
located in the Pacific Ocean, about 1,600 kilometres northeast of Sydney, and
was first settled in March 1788. Today the Island is best-known as a relaxing
and welcoming tourist destination with abundant natural beauty and fascinating
historical sites and attractions.
For further information on the Norfolk
Jet Jazz Festival phone Norfolk Jet Holidays on
1800 111 653.
Released for Norfolk Jet by Dennis Rutzou Public Relations.
For further information please call Dennis Rutzou
or Kristen Mackie on (02) 9413 4244.