Archive for December, 2012
I attended a business women’s lunch about a month ago and was totally aghast when one woman declared that her company (a legal firm) was in the process of planning for a terrible 2013. They had apparently predicted that 2013 was going to be a shocker and so all their planning needed to focus on ‘gloom and doom’.
I was appalled. In all the training I’ve ever done on business planning I’ve always focused on the positives. I don’t mean that I view the world through ‘rose coloured glasses’. In fact I’m also a realist but I do think you have to focus More >
After six years in Public Relations, I have sadly decided to leave the industry that has taught me so much, in pursuit of a completely different career path… but one that I have come to realise, actually requires an almost identical skill set. What could it be?
- Communication is paramount
- Flexibility in terms of language, tone and medium of communication used
- Educating and communicating key messages to the public
- Understanding the industry and audience you are working with and adapting your approach accordingly
- Creative communication techniques to increase engagement and understanding
- Patience. Set the foundations and the results will follow in time
- Strategy More >